This is me attempting the midi skirt trend...
Top - Topshop (old)
Midi Skirt - My mum's from forever ago (soz)
Dr Marten's - eBay
Choker - eBay
Hat - H&M
When midi skirts first started making their appearance, I have to say, I did not think I would be playing my part in the trend. But yet, here I am, sporting this pastel blue number. I don't usually wear long pieces. In fact, I never wear long pieces. I'm more of a short skirt and short shorts kinda gal. Yes, I'm one of them.
I also saw midi skirts as being just that little bit too girly for my liking. So I gave it an edge by tucking in an old Hendrix tee that I found abandoned under a pile of tops in the bottom of one of my drawers. Glad I rediscovered that one! I added my cute orb choker that as made an appearance in many of my past outfit posts, and used this chunky black belt as a waist sincher. I think it brings the top and the skirt together nicely, if I do say so myself.
I did have a bit of a pickle when trying to decide what shoes to wear. I firstly went straight to my black chunky sandals, but I thought that they looked way too girly with the skirt. The bottom half of me looked like a girly girl, and the top half of me looked like a wannabe rock chick... Not good. Instead, I threw on my beloved black Dr Marten's, that have been harshly neglected now it's getting hotter.
Follow me on:
really love the grungy edge you've given this outfit! xx
ReplyDeleteGrace | Glitter and Carousels
Such a nice look! I too am not too much of a girly girl and so I love the way you've transformed the midi skirt to match your style :) xx
ReplyDeletehttp://lilemilyjane.blogspot.co.uk/
I love how you styled this! Very cool and grungy. (:
ReplyDeleteYA HOMME GIRL
Love how you have added an element of grunge to this typically girly look. I could not pull off a midi skirt! xo
ReplyDeleteEmsAlice // Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
great outfit, I love the top <3
ReplyDeleteLove the Docs of course how could you not!? great outfit:)x
ReplyDeletecurlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk
outfit looks so good on you chick <3
ReplyDeletecheck out my rings haul at www.lovefromsimmie.com :)
stay pretty xxxx
you look like such a badass!
ReplyDeletexo, Liz
http://oyouclassy.com
http://oyouclassy.com
Ahh love this outfit! Jealous of your Dr Martens! x
ReplyDeleteJulia in Disguise
Eek you're such a good model! I love that skirt that shade of blue is one of my favorite colors. Love this look altogether.
ReplyDeletedoitfortheirony.blogspot.com
Summer Blogger Freebie!
Great post!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and your style!
I love this Dr. Martens <3<3
Kisses, i hope you answer!
New post!!
cxystals.blogspot.com
you look so cute here!!! hope you can take a look at my blog and follow if you'd like!
ReplyDeletewww.joyyiu.com
Love your midi skirt Alice and its color is so beautiful :)
ReplyDeletewww.simimaus.blogspot.com
Love the hat so much!
ReplyDeleteI've nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog if you would like to check it out! http://dropofdaisy.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/the-liebster-award.html xx
pretty outfit! you have such a nice shirt ! :)
ReplyDeleteCheck my blog YOKO NGUYEN BLOG
I love midi skirts in summer, they're so easy to throw on! Plus I love how you styled yours with docs and choker, definitely want to try this to toughen up some of my cutsier midis xx
ReplyDelete☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾
This is such a cool and edgy outfit! I really like the color of your skirt, I like that it gives a bit more soft feeling to the outfit! You look great!
ReplyDeletewww.callmemaddie.com
I love seeing outfits where girly is mixed with grunge! The hat is a nice accessory to finish off the look!
ReplyDeleteI love the top! x
ReplyDeleteLauraThinksAbout
Waah, that top is amazing! Love love lovee!
ReplyDeletehttp://cequisuit.blogspot.com
Hii!! I love the look of your blog and I was just wondering what template you used?
ReplyDeleteI just recently started my own blog so if anyone wants to check it out I would really appreciate it. xx
http://not-so-new-york.blogspot.com/
I just used 'simple' it's like the standard template on blogger then I customised it :) there's lots of articles on google to help you customise it how you want :) xx
DeleteWow, such a cool look. ;-)
ReplyDeleteLovely greets Nessa
This is such a cute look! We love the rock vibe and the winged eyeliner is the perfect touch!
ReplyDeletehttp://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/
Obsessed with this whole outfit, loving that skirt!
ReplyDeletewww.shygirlloudvoice.com
Just discovered your blog! I love your fashion so much - I love your deep berry lipstick too! xx
ReplyDeletewww.lulabelloves.com
I love this outfit, the skirt is perfect :)
ReplyDeleteSteph xo | Influence Blog
I love your shirt and belt! MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM
ReplyDeleteCute outfit!
ReplyDeletehttp://thegaragestarlets.com/
Ooh what are you wearing on your lips? The colour is lovely :). Your t-shirt is so cool, I love the Hendrix tee!
ReplyDeleteSarah xo | PolkaDotLemon
Thank you! It's a Rimmel lipstick! The colour name has rubbed off though and I can't for the life of me remember it! Sorry! X
DeleteI love how edgy this is, you've taken something usually quite niche and made it your own. It really suits you.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.jemmainwords.co.uk/
This is a great look! xx
ReplyDeleteQuite Frankly She Said - UK Lifestyle Blog
This is a great look! I loved ♥
ReplyDeleteKiss!
Anna Schermak - Killer Foxes
www.killerfoxes.com
Love your outfit :)
ReplyDeleteSarah
thestyleconfidential.co.uk
Love the edgy look, but I am obsessing over your lipstick! Perfect dark red color!
ReplyDeleteMelane | Pure Perspective
I ADORREEEEE this!
ReplyDeletexMM
THE LAME LIP
Such a lovely skirt, perfect for this time of year! You have fab style! :)
ReplyDeleteStyle Sunrise
:)
x
Awesome skirt!
ReplyDeleteI like mid skirts just usually I go for the straight look usually flare doesn't look so good on me
ReplyDeleteM
perfect outfit, you look awesome!
ReplyDeletelondonandcoffee.blogspot.com
Love the outfit!! It's special :)
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog, hope you follow mine..
Thanks,
leclosset.blogspot.com
You look sooo cool xx
ReplyDeleteI love love LOVE this outfit!
ReplyDeletehttp://kasidybelle.blogspot.com