Playsuit - New Look (Old)
White Shirt - Topshop
Flatform Boots - Urban Outfitters
Fedora - H&M
Sunglasses - H&M (Old)
Sunglasses - H&M (Old)
Necklace & Choker - eBay
This is me, sporting an outfit that can only be described as a mish-mash of era's. Let's start from the top and work our way down. The good ol' fedora. Widely worn from the 20's to the early 50's, where its widespread popularity emerged from its association with gangsters and the Prohibition. And what do you know, 60 year's later they are back! The cat eye sunglasses were oh so fashionable in the 50's and 60's, and I must say, there is something that feels particularly classy and lady like when wearing a pair. The layering of the playsuit over the shirt, along with the choker - that's so 90's. The playsuit itself? I'm getting 40's/50's pin up vibes from this. The polka dots, the sinched in high waist. You agree? Last, but most definitely not least, are my fave (for the moment) boots. So deliciously spikey, and the flatform dates back to the 90's.
So there you have it - an outfit of era's. A bit of a different take on your normal outfit post, but enjoyable to write, and to show how today's fashion has routes as far back as the 20's.
You've put that outfit together incredibly! Gorgeous photos x
ReplyDeleteYou look so gorgeous! Love the shoes
ReplyDeletexx, M | Brunette In Black
What a lovely retro meets punk look Alice!
ReplyDeleteYou look great Miss!
XO
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr
Gorgeous photographs and I love your tattoos so much! x
ReplyDeletewww.lemontierres.com
reallly cool outfit :)
ReplyDeletewwww.thefashiontimeline.blogspot.com
i love the way you layer your outfits, the playsuit is so cute!
ReplyDeletexx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram
the playsuit looks fab layered over the shirt! you look lovely :)
ReplyDeleterobyn x
Literally has something from each time period wow. I have some glasses just like those, I LOVE my pair. People say I look silly but now I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who enjoy them.
ReplyDelete-briannaly xo.
briannaly.blogspot.com
Love the look !
ReplyDeleteMadeline | Its a Mads Mads World
it looks great thiss playsuit and white skirt together, i like ti! :)
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I looked at this post I thought what a mash of styles (in a good way). I really like the shirt under the playsuit and I think the hat really works with it. I think overall it has a real 90s vibe but then the 90s was inspired by the previous era's.
ReplyDeleteAlso, those shoes are so cute. I wish they'd suit me but I know I'd feel clumpy in them haha
Great post and pictures! Nice to read something a bit different!
Haaappy Summer!
Hailes<3
Hailes Hearts Fashion.
Really love your outfit! x
ReplyDeleteThe Belle Narrative
your playsuit is so cute! xx
ReplyDeleteYou look great! That playsuit is really adorable!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day, kisses
Chrisitne G ♥
Just gorge Alice x
ReplyDeleteholljc.blogspot.co.uk
Really love how you've styled this playsuit with the white top underneath and the frilly socks, but also kept it a bit edgy with the shoes!
ReplyDeleteAmazing look! :)
Gabby xo
Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter
Love this outfit, I never noticed before that you had tattoos they look really great, I really want to get one!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.sarahprowse.co.uk/
You look amazing ;)
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of 'Blossom'. In a really good way!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
Sarah xx
seriouslyshallow.blogspot.com
Fabulous outfit! I love that you wore a white shirt underneath your playsuit. Normally, I don't think to layer up in this way (I would have wore the playsuit and slipped on a cardi which can be a little annoying) but will try and incorporate this into my outfits :D X
ReplyDeletethefashion-junkie
This is such a cute outfit, I love how the playsuit looks layered over your top. I also find it very interesting how trend rotate back around after a while :)
ReplyDeleteLouise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk
Cool photos, love the layering within this look and those shoes are awesome!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. you have a brand new follower ;)
x
Fashion Nerdette
Yours shoes and socks are too cute~ So retro x
ReplyDeleteShe Will Be
Love love love the playsuit!
ReplyDeletewww.babyrebelblog.com
Really cute combination! The socks :D
ReplyDeleteWould you like to follow each other?
Great look!! A little retro, love the little socks popping out of the boots.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Katherine and Erin
Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty
beautiful post, I love the playsuit xx
ReplyDeletehttp://miss-jordanocean.blogspot.com.au
I love this look -Hanna Lei
ReplyDeletegorgeous style! i'm so in love with black and white combinations!
ReplyDeletekisses
Maren Anita
FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita
I love those sunglasses and your playsuit! They look amazing :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Sara Wallflower
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI believe that the boots are my fav, but the whole combo is awesome:)
ReplyDeletexx,
http://trendythursday.blogspot.com
How did I not know of your blog before now?! LOVE
ReplyDeleteand beauty or something.
Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
ReplyDeletebeautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything
is perfect!
would you like to follow each other?
will be happy to see you in my blog
http://thisenemyofmine.blogspot.com/
That playsuit is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteFashion| Lifestyle| Beauty - Rhi's Adult Life
This outfit is amazing! I love how you've layered your playsuit over a shirt
ReplyDeleteLove Emma xx
www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk
Cute ! :) Nice photos :))
ReplyDeleteℓα ℒιcσrηe - ℒa vie est ℓa petite ℓicorne.
I love the looks of frilly socks with boots! What a cute outfit! :)
ReplyDeleteEvery Day In Grace
Love the romper!
ReplyDeleteHaley
haleyvalerie.com
Love those sunglasses!
ReplyDeletelorrieloves.blogspot.co.uk
I love this outfit so much! As soon as I discovered (2 minutes ago) your blog I immediately liked you, because you study psychology. I want to study it too!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day :)
http://journeythroughalife.blogspot.it/
Nice hat!
ReplyDeleteBest,
Olivia Abdelmalekhttp://cleopatraskloset.blogspot.com
Love your outfit :) !
ReplyDeletewww.jenems.blogspot.co.uk
OMG I love this outfit :D x
ReplyDeleteStunning outfit, I really like the way you've layered the playsuit! :)
ReplyDeleteStyle Sunrise
:)
x
Super cute! Love these photos :)
ReplyDeletewww.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk
LOVE this look! You have a pretty tattoo!
ReplyDeletewww.shakkablakka.blogspot.nl
I mean tattoos :)
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome, the playsuit is beaut and you've styled it amazingly! :)
ReplyDeleteI only came across your blog a day or two ago but I absolutely love the vintage focus on your looks :) xx
Viva Epernay
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLove you style! I like the hat, It really suits your hair cut!
ReplyDeletewww.jasminelouisefashion.co.uk
Love the playsuit!
ReplyDeletehttp://kirabassett.blogspot.co.uk/
Abso-freaking-lutely love this look. I have a similar playsuit in orange. xx
ReplyDeletewww.stillinmynightie.co.uk
so adorable!!! :D love that playsuit!
ReplyDeleteAnimated Confessions
cute romper!
ReplyDeletexo T.
Initialed
Such a cute outfit you look adorable.
ReplyDeletewww.kindoflovely.com
That playsuit is so adorable! Love how you've styled it :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a cool look dear, love polka dots lately! Always enjoy coming back to your blog!
ReplyDeleteMuch love xxx
CHRISTINANISTA.COM
Awesome playsuit!
ReplyDeletex Dawn
www.wickedlypleasant.blogspot.com
You look amazing, omg. I really do like this outfit it's so cute c:
ReplyDeletexx,
http://lepsychoattitude.blogspot.com/
You're right, this playsuit is very similar to mine! I love how you have styled it, and the shape is very flattering. Love your posts, have followed! x
ReplyDeleteMegan x
www.emmiegee.blogspot.co.uk
You've managed to tie all those styles into one outfit so well! I'm a little in awe of your talent! It looks great!
ReplyDeleteRobyn x
http://robynmoffatwall.blogspot.co.uk/